THESE ARE PROVIDED FOR US BY THE NHS LINK serving the London Borough of Havering for which we are grateful.
Some of the signs are obviously self evident, nevertheless it is useful to bring these points to Pensioners' attention.
- feeling faint,
- rapid heart beat,
- Move out of the sun to a cool shady spot or air conditioned room,
- Lay the person down on their back and elevate their feet,
- Slightly loosen or remove clothing,
- Get the person to drink cold water (NOT ICED) to replace lost fluids,
- Monitor the person closely and if they show signs of confusion,
- fainting, or if they have a fever, call 999 to get medical assistance.